Doggy Babysitting: There will be a babysitting area behind the Allstar Center (in the old batting cage), and you may "park" your dog(s) there for short periods of time while you shop or eat. It is a free service but donations are appreciated and we also ask that you limit your dog's time there to 2 hours. Blankets and water and baby pools will be provided for your dog's comfort.
Off-Leash Play Area: We will again provide a large fenced area for off-leash play, which will be open all weekend, even after hours. Please observe the rules to ensure that everyone is safe and be considerate of others who may be there.
RULES OF THE OFF-LEASH PLAY AREA:
- Use of play area is at your own risk.
- All dogs must be muzzled while off leash; no exceptions! (Italian Greyhounds are exempt from this rule when they are in the off-leash play area during their designated exclusive play times.)
- Dogs must be under visual and/or voice control of an adult at all times.
- No bullying or aggressive behavior will be allowed, by dogs or humans.
- No dogs under 35 pounds are permitted in with the large dogs (there are specific hours for small dogs--please abide by them).
- We would ask that you limit the play area to 10 dogs or less at any given time. If it is crowded, please wait your turn.
- Clean up after your dog is imperative. Pay attention!
- SMALL DOG HOURS: 10 - 11 a.m.; 2 - 3 p.m.
NOTE: There are no specific hours for small dogs after hours; if you bring your small dog to the off leash play area and there are big dogs inside, DO NOT put your dog in with them. Some greyhounds are not small dog safe and you are taking a big chance if you do. We want you and your pup to be safe so please use common sense.
Poop Stations: Note that there are several poop stations around the Allstar Center and the Eisenhower Hotel. They will be cleaned on a regular basis and there will be bags available at each one. There's absolutely no excuse for you not to pick up after your dogs. It is vitally important for us to do this if we are to be welcomed back to the various venues where we have events. Please walk your dogs outside before coming into the Allstar Center to give them an opportunity to go outside instead of inside against someone's booth. If an accident does happen inside, there are at least 4 clean-up stations available--we expect you to clean up after your dog(s).
Houndstooth Dentals: The Tooth Fairy will be joining us again this year, so if you would like an anesthetic-free dental for your dog(s), please e-mail Kathy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that there will not be any on-the-spot dentals, so please do e-mail ahead for an appointment. They will be doing dentals during vendor hours at the Allstar Center, but they will also take appointments outside of those hours. Contact her asap because they fill up fast!
Wrist Bands: Just one more note that you will need to be registered for GiG if you want to hear our speakers, so please get registered. You will be given your wrist band when you check in upon arrival at the Allstar Center. Registration opens on Friday morning at 10 a.m.